Thank you for your interest in the 2015 Daniel I. Abromovitz Memorial Scholarship in Criminal Law. This Scholarship was created to award outstanding leadership in law school in addition to classroom performance. Leadership may be demonstrated through activities and contributions to student organizations, pro bono achievement, academic teams (moot court and mock trial achievement) and publication to name a few.
We encourage all qualified students to apply and for faculty and staff to likewise encourage those qualified to apply. Please read all rules and follow the instructions carefully before applying. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The deadline for application is September 21, 2015.
Although Danny Abromovitz lived only 32 years, his life was undeniably rich and full with a wide array of experiences and achievements. Before choosing the legal profession, Danny worked as an artist, musician, photographer and designer. However, Danny found himself in the structure of the law and immediately dedicated all of his efforts and vast experience to the pursuit of a legal education. The Danny A. Foundation was founded in 2012 to honor the life and academic success of our great friend, student and colleague Danny Abromovitz. The 2015 Daniel I. Abromovitz Memorial Scholarship in Criminal Law was created to recognize academic excellence and leadership in law school, and we are proud to offer it to you in his honor.
- Scholarship Details:
- The 2015 Daniel I. Abromovitz Memorial Scholarship in Criminal Law was created to award academic excellence and achievement in law school. Achievement may be demonstrated through academic awards, activities and contributions to local student organizations, pro bono achievement, academic teams (moot court and mock trial achievement), and publication.
- Enrollment Starts:
- August 10, 2015
- Enrollment Ends:
- September 21, 2015
- Recipient Announcement
- September 28, 2015
- $3,500 to be awarded once annually during the ???
- Must have a minimum of 30 credit hours on first day of semester and a cumulative law school GPA of 2.75. Student must be currently enrolled at Arizona Summit Law School.
- Must attach a current up-to-date resume.
- Application Evaluations:
- The Danny A. Foundation Committee will evaluate each scholarship application and select the scholarship recipients in its sole discretion, bound only by the purposes of the scholarship and scholarship criteria. To facilitate the decision-making process, the Scholarship Committee may, in its discretion, require a personal interview with any or all scholarship applications.
- If you have any questions regarding the scholarship or its administration, please contact us by using our email form here. Questions will be referred to the Scholarship Committee for a response. To ensure fairness to all applicants, a copy of your question (without identifying the source), together with the Scholarship Committee’s written response, may be disseminated to all scholarship applicants.
Thank you for your interest in the 2015 Daniel I. Abromovitz Memorial Scholarship in Criminal Law. We look forward to receiving your application.